Monday, February 14, 2011

news!

Exciting potential!

First, I'm a finalist for the Arctic Circle residency. Oh, boy! I've been excited about this since the first expedition in October '09... will find out soon if I made the cut, but financing is my biggest hurdle.

(hence....) I applied for a few teaching professorships recently.

And, I had an interview with School of the Art Institute of Chicago last week. I think it went well.
Also had a call from Carnegie Mellon.

Hmm. What will become of my adventure-seeking starving artist self this fall? My guts tell me IT'S GONNA BE A BIG YEAR, BABY! BIG! That further enforced by discovering that we just pushed into the Chinese new year (*note, I'm famous for my annual Chinese New Year Dumpling Feast but was unable to abide due to my quasi-homelessness) and guess what year it is? MINE. Ha ha! The bunny.

Righto. So, hopefully I won't die on the Pacific Crest Trail, eh? I'm getting psyched up and scared by reading about past adventurers. The Cactus Eaters by Dan White, and Skywalker- Highs and Lows on the PCT. Really good stuff! I've got the mettle. Um, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment